Some reminders from the Town Clerk about the upcoming fiscal year:
- Taxes- This year property tax bills will be sent out in September. This will reduce the number of revised tax bills mailed. When you receive your bill it will show any state payments (prebate) that have been made. If you have any questions regarding your prebate payment, please contact the Tax Department directly at 866-828-2865 (toll free).
- Voting- If you have not registered to vote, you must do so no later than the Wednesday before an election. Forms can be found here, Lawrence Memorial Library or the Department of Motor Vehicles. All ballots for voting are available at least two weeks prior to any election. You can choose to vote in person, have your ballot mailed to you or take a ballot home.
- DMV Registration Renewals- In order for us to process your renewal, we must have the renewal form the DMV sends you. We can only accept checks or money orders for the amount of the renewal, and are not allowed to accept any renewals more than 60 days old. There is a three dollar fee for processing the renewal, which is separate from the registration fee and can be paid in cash.
To register online at the DMV click here.
- Dog Licenses- Prior to April 1st, spayed or neutered dogs are $9 and $13 for non-spayed or neutered dogs. After April 1st, spayed or neutered dogs are $11 and $17 for non-spayed or neutered dogs. Licenses and tags may be sent in the mail to you, if you send us a copy of the dog’s rabies certificate with a check for the fee.
- Marriage Licenses-The cost is $45.00 plus $10.00 for each certified copy you request. They are valid from the day they are issued for 60 days. You will need to complete a worksheet which is available at the Town Office. An information sheet about getting married in Vermont is available here.
If you have any questions regarding any of the information above please contact Jen Myers at 453-2486.